What Are Weblogs?|
Back in 1999, Jorn Barger, who is sometimes credited for coining the term Weblog, defined a Weblog as "a Web page where a Weblogger (sometimes called a blogger, or a pre-surfer) 'logs' all the other Web pages they find interesting." A more recent definition of a Weblog, according to internet.com's Webopedia.com, is "a Web page that serves as a publicly-accessible personal journal for an individual. Typically updated daily, blogs often reflect the personality of the author."
Today, however, Weblogs are no longer merely personal journals but are swiftly becoming serious business platforms for communication and the exchange of information.
Why Should I Care About Weblogs?
Businesses are quickly adopting Weblogs and seizing the opportunity of up-to-the-minute, informal information and knowledge exchange that Weblogs offer. It is estimated that of bloggers have established over half a million blogs, with over 1,000 new ones being developed every day. Weblogs can be external or internal and take knowledge management, document exchange, and other communication facilitating technologies to the next level - at an extremely affordable and inexpensive price.
What Is The ClickZ Weblog Business Strategies 2003 Conference & Expo?
This conference is a one-of-a-kind gathering of some of the foremost experts on Weblog strategies and technologies. The conference will provide all business, strategic, technical and market information that your organization needs in order to evaluate how Weblogs fit into your corporate strategy. With everything from market research to actual success stories to a "how to" program, this conference promises to be the premier event for Weblogs.
What Are The Goals Of This Conference And Who Should Attend?
ClickZ Weblog Business Strategies 2003 Conference & Expo is designed for professionals who are interested in gaining a better understanding of the opportunities that Weblogs present.
- For business people, the conference will give you insights and strategies on whether or not a Weblog is right for your external or internal communication needs. You'll hear from the experts, as well as other companies who have already incorporated a Weblog into their strategy.
- For marketing, business development, and product development professionals, you'll see how Weblogs can become an extension of your e-marketing strategy. Cost-effective, yet powerful, Weblogs can provide you with a competitive advantage that promotes the branding and leadership of your company.
- For customer service, quality control, and assurance professionals, you'll learn how other organizations have used Weblogs as a way to effectively and efficiently communicate with customers and business partners.
- For potential publishers and content professionals, the conference will provide you with all the information you'll need to start your own Weblog. With guidelines of available technologies to potential legal ramifications to "no ranting allowed" advice, you'll find everything you'll need to get started.
- And for people are already are serious business bloggers, this conference presents a forum where you can exchange your ideas with some of the foremost bloggers on the Internet. Meet the people who you have most likely already blogged with and find out what's next for the blogging industry.