With a smart domain acquisition strategy, you can gain instant traffic,
improve your page rank, and generate more PPC clicks. The experts at
Moniker.com offer a free consultation on how to create a domain acquisition
strategy that can improve your SEO/SEM results. Here are some quick tips
- Buy domains containing primary search terms and keywords to get the most clicks. Buying and building a business around a domain name that contains industry-popular keywords and terms can give you a definite edge in relevance and organic optimization. In addition, since more and more users are looking at the domain name in both the organic listing and paid search ads to decide what's worth clicking on, a domain with relevant keywords and/or fun, curious terms will produce more clicks.
- Redirect acquired undeveloped domains to your site. If you buy undeveloped domains containing highly relevant keywords and/or fun terms, you don't have to develop those domains. Use them to improve your SEM CTR and simply redirect those clicks to an existing product or service webpage on another site. If your brand isn't a household name, having a domain in your paid search ads that include important keywords or fun terms can significantly increase clicks and conversions.
- Consider buying a developed or pre-existing domain name. Some domains available at auction are already fully developed websites. The benefit of buying these domains is that you acquire that domain's existing traffic, backlinks, and page rank. Do your research before you buy. Find out how long the site has been around, if the domain name has any SEO history, and how many links are pointing to it. Buy pre-existing domains purely for their age and page rank. For newly developed websites or those needing an extra lift, links from a domain with existing page rank and a longer history will help your search efforts.
- Buy domains to build microsites that link back to your site. The greater the number of relevant links pointing to your site, the higher you are ranked by the search engines. Building out your own simple, theme-based microsites on your unused or newly acquired domains is an easy way to plant links to your site. Be sure that your microsites include original, targeted content that is routinely maintained. Sprinkle the site content with keywords relevant to your product or services, so that they're picked up by search engines. Even better if you can acquire domains containing relevant keywords.
- Keep a valuable asset out of the competition's hands. Securing premium and keyword domains will block your competition from getting the upper hand for all the reasons above.
To learn more about how domain names can elevate
your SEM and SEO efforts, talk to a Moniker consultant at
1-800-688-6311 or email email@example.com.